5 Reasons Why You Should Join a CrossFit Gym in Essex
There’s a common misunderstanding among most gym goers that CrossFit is ineffective, unsafe and should be left well alone; but that is where you are completely wrong. If you really knew what CrossFit was about you’d understand that it is incredibly rewarding and gives you the confidence to perform activities you never thought were possible. Here are a number of reasons why you should join our gym in Essex and start training today:
- Even though CrossFit is considered an intensive sport, intensity is relative to your own physical and psychological limitations. Many individuals are of the understanding that you need to be in good shape before you start training, but once again that is not the case and I’m afraid you have been ill informed. Studies have in fact proven that short, sharp exercises are actually better for you and should not be daunting.
- Unlike many fitness programs, you are able to see the results early on in your training regime and it’s this measurable data which drives you on to improve further. There is no hiding away from your weaknesses when training at our gym. Working in harmony with our trainers, you are able to quickly discover what they are, attack them head on and become a better all-round athlete as a result. In most cases, the more unfit you are to begin with, the more you’ll be amazed by the initial results and your progress. Here at CrossFit Blackwater, we suggest training two or three times a week, that’s all!
- Previously, I mentioned that many gym goers believe that CrossFit workouts are dangerous and the intensity at which people exercise is enough to leave you in a heap on the floor! Well, firstly I’ll point out that is where you are wrong! CrossFit allows you to train multiple metabolic systems (opposed to just one like in most sports) and you we are able to preserve your muscle mass, toughen your bones and support your joints. Coupled with a nutritional diet, you will feel better about yourself, perform to a higher standard and give yourself extra energy, even as you get older!
- One thing most people don’t realise is that it’s not all about fitness; CrossFit is also very community focused. Understandably, you may feel slightly intimidated at first, but you’ll quickly start to realise how supportive we all are here at CrossFit Blackwater. Each of our incredibly experienced CrossFit trainers make a point of knowing everyone by their name and their ultimate goal as it’s this relationship which makes training here fun and enjoyable. You’ll never have to work out alone again!
- Last but not least, our gym in Essex offers you something no other gym can offer: at CrossFit Blackwater you have the chance to learn from and train beside the very best in Europe, Scott Jenkins. I mean need I go on? The only way you are ever going to know how rewarding CrossFit is, is by signing up to Witham’s premier CrossFit gym and trying it for yourself!
Deadlifts – 5-5-5-5-5 – Linear progression
5 minute amrap:
10 Deadlifts 80/50k
10 Bar Hop Burpees
rest 2 mins
5 minute amrap:
10 Wall Balls
10 Abmat Sit ups
Tabata Core Holds